The Department of Fashion Technology was established in the year 2008 with an aim to provide quality education in the field of fashion, textiles and apparel construction to fulfill the growing demands of fashion and apparel manufacturing industries. Apart from Ph.D, M.Tech and B.Tech in Fashion Technology, the Department has started a new program of B.Voc (Fashion Technology & Apparel Designing), which is a skill based course, which aims to provide the students the technical acumen about the process and procedures that are being followed in apparel industries. The graduates can expect training capabilities to work in garment factories in different departments. It is an industry linked specialized training and assessment program started under the Skill Development Initiative of UGC. The department has state of the art laboratories such as Pattern Lab, Garment Construction Lab, Textile and Garment Testing Lab, Advance Research Lab, Computer Lab, Design Studio, Textile Coloration lab, Fabric Formation Lab. Experienced faculty having education from IIT Delhi and NIFT, Delhi with international exposure in UK, USA, Japan is dedicated towards students, understanding the current needs of the fashion industry. The Department has a rich Alumni base with students working in major leading Apparel Units and Brands. Students are assisted to internships and final placements in leading companies of Fashion and Apparels. The students have access to well equipped library as well as subscription to journals/e-journals in the concerned field.
To empower women through a substantial, innovative and holistic education with strong emphasis on creativity, research, state-of-the-art technology, sustainability and social responsibility in the field of fashion education with special commitment towards cultural heritage of India.
To attain the full potential of women through pursuit of knowledge and skills, advancement of their personality and self-worth.
• To implement a rigorous education and career-based programmes with state-of-art infrastructure and highly-qualified and dedicated staff-members.
• To promote a culture of innovation amongst its faculty and students and promote collaborative initiatives to impart comprehensive knowledge and hands on experience.
• Indoctrinate professional approach, creativity, analytical thinking and distinctive attitude for providing techno-economic solutions to manage the garment and fashion industry.
• Inspire entrepreneurial skills with social commitment to become initiator in contributing creative and sustainable fashion products with ethical values.
• To widen the aptitude of the students in problem solving and well-versed decision making as a focus of their professional career.